Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Visitor from Amsterdam :)

Today-- I had my first really successful lesson today. I led a debate about school uniforms in complete Model UN protocol--Elaine would be so proud! The kids were phenomenal, getting up in front of the class and talking, having a moderated caucus and unmoderated caucus, and--this is the best part--one kid told me ¨We´re going to have a meeting at the cinema this weekend to discuss.¨ Hahaha. The bell rang and they all sat in their seats instead of jumping up and leaving, and one student even said ¨motion to suspend debate¨and they voted. I know this is a dorky post, but I really am so proud and it feels so good to see them working hard and learning. Sigh...

Yesterday--
Allison Berger is here, in Madrid! Yay to my first visitor! Yesterday we went out for some traditional Mexican food... in Spain, haha. Well, it´s the same language at least. It was at a hole in the wall called La Panza es Primero (aka The Stomach is First) on high recommendations from a friend. We went with my roomie Alex, and then walked around Chueca, Gran Via, and Arguelles to get a little more of an idea about what Madrid is all about. Each neighborhood is so distinct, and this was my first time getting to know Chueca. Veryyy, verrry posh. Very, how would you say, european glamour-esque. Also famous as the gay district. Then, Gran Via is pretty much Times Square in Spain, and Arguelles is reminescent of Washington D.C. Have I mentioned how much I love this city!

Tuesday and Wednesday--
I was sick....ew... and pretty incapacitated. As the other posts suggest, I´m feeling much better now :)

No comments: